Responsible to: Dedicated Team Leader and Manager
Purpose of Role: A highly motivated groundsman to fill a full-time position, with the desire to work in a small team and the ability to develop as an assistant team leader and support towards company growth.
- Provide aspects of all groundwork duties; including arboricultural duties of climbing where applicable, tree pruning with a keen eye toward aesthetics
- To work as part of a team and take instruction from your Team Leader
- To ensure that work is carried out effectively to achieve high quality standard quality control and working conjunction health & Safety Work Act 1974
- Adhere to company policy procedures
- Working alongside Office/Project Manager and completion of projects where deemed necessary
- Be responsible of works carried out within an accurate timely manner, be courteous and good customer satisfaction at the end of each job.
- Assist by maintaining all mechanical equipment and machinery used in connection with the work to ensure is in a clean condition. Ensure effective operation set within PUWER regulations
- Work with office in relation to Risk Assessments, Tool & Plant paperwork where applicable
- Attendance of meetings by use of toolbox talk
- Accident reporting within the RIDOR regulations
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Participate by ensuring vehicles are clean, equipment/vehicles are work ready in the vehicles and stored correctly overnight after use
- Working within code of conduct.
Occasional Duties / Professional Development:
- Ensure good team morale with colleagues
- Undertake tree work outside normal working hours as and when required by meeting deadlines
- Holiday/sickness cover where applicable
- Training and development within the organisation by internal and external training/courses such as chainsaw, felling, climbing, stump grinding.
A competitive salary + overtime dependant on experience and knowledge, 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays), with potential career progression.
Benefit package to include – Further development and training, PPE (after a successful 3-month period) pension, health care scheme, Perkbox and company bonus. Must have own transport due to rural location of premises.
Please email your CV along with any questions you may have to [email protected]. If you do feel you are over or under qualified for this position, please do send your CV as other positions are also available.
NOTE The above job description sets out the main responsibilities of Groundsman but should not be regarded as an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required of the holder.