Restoring the balance
Trees are an essential element in our environment, bringing us pleasure as well as functional benefits. The health of trees and our urban green spaces is made up of many elements working together to form a balance, while modern urban environments exert immense pressure on the latter.
We believe that part of our job is to help improve and maintain this balance beyond the needs of any single customer, which we have been trying to achieve in all our projects carried out in the past 20 years.
Our work is influenced by the pruning techniques of Professor Alex Shigo, which has become the basis for current tree surgery standards (BS 3998).
“Trees UK’s approach and understanding of our needs, has achieved a result which has truly enhanced our gardens.”
Whatever your requirements, commercial, governmental, charity or residential, you can be assured of the same professional approach.
Our Environmental Policy
Environmental Policy Statement
It is the policy at Trees Uk to implement and maintain an effective environmental management system that meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.
For your information the International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) 14000 is a series of international standards on environmental management. It provides a framework for the development of an environmental management system and the supporting audit programme.
The main thrust for its development came as a result of the Rio Summit on the Environment held in 1992.
We take seriously our responsibility for environmental stewardship and believe that as a tree surgery company we should play a constructive role in helping to address the challenges facing the environment.
Trees Uk recognises that a healthy environment is essential for the good of society, people and our business. We feel that diverse, healthy natural resources (eg fresh water, oceans, air, forests, grasslands etc) are an important component of social and sustainable economic development. Consequently a vigorous and diverse tree population is vital to both water and air quality and to help regulate the climate.
The wildlife habitat value of trees is immeasurable and irreplaceable, and a major challenge for today’s society is to manage human demands on land, soil and vegetation without adversely affecting the ecosystem.
We have defined our Environmental Policy to ensure it is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
We are committed to:-
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which we subscribe which relates to environmental aspects.
- Continual improvement and prevention of pollution.
- Promoting environmental principles throughout the supply chain.
- Maintaining open communication links within the company, its customers and the general public with regard to environmental issues concerning our operations.
- Recycling all of our reusable wood.
- Ensuring efficient use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Operating our business in the most environmentally beneficial way. This policy is fully endorsed by the manager who shall ensure it is communicated to and understood by all employees and contractors working on behalf of Trees Uk. This policy will be reviewed at least annually to ensure it remains relevant to the business needs and objectives.